Monday, April 25, 2011

Along Came A Boxer

About a week ago my boyfriend & I were taking our dog, Riley, for a walk. We were about a block from our house when I spotted 2 Boxers hanging out in their yards. Of course we walked past, since I'm crazy about the Boxer breed! One of the Boxers was in a fenced yard. I saw her sweet, sad little face poke out of the fencing & my heart just melted. I talked to her Foster Mom briefly & realized I knew who this dog was. I had seen her on Pet Finder a few months ago. It turns out this was Tootie, a 2 year old white Boxer. She is not actively available for adoption due to an incident where a man was throwing rocks at her. After about 5 minutes we walked home. Once we were a few houses away my boyfriend said to me something to the effect of "If you want to look into adopting her, I'm all for it." I was shocked, since we really weren't looking. A few hours later I emailed the people in charge of Tootie's care. Next thing I knew, they had agreed to let us foster her for as long as we would like, to see if she would be a good fit for our family. I knew the most difficult thing would be convincing my daughter, however, she was on board immediately!

This past weekend we went out & bought a kennel for her & some other fun things. She is very skinny, so we researched higher calorie dog foods & picked up some canned food for her (super expensive). Today, while walking Riley, we bumped into Tootie & her Foster Mom taking a walk. Riley & Tootie were so cute together. They sniffed each other & Riley gave her kisses. Tootie is so sweet & calm. We get to bring her home on 5/04. It's going to be a very LONG 9 days!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Boxers are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you guys and Tootie! It sounds like she will be an amazing addition to your family =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. we live next to 2 boxers, 1 is a foster and the other is permanent. The foster is white, too (but a male). good luck!!

    ReplyDelete