Sunday, April 3, 2011

Heartbreak & Rescue

While shopping at a local pet store today I ran into a very heartbreaking situation. In the back room there was a rescue visiting the store to show off their adoptable dogs. When I walked into the room the smell was over powering. It smelled like dirty dogs & mange. I tried to interact with & pet some of the dogs, but they were so dirty I almost didn't want to touch them. As I pet a few I noticed one of the puppies had crusty stuff all over an ear. Two of the puppies were so skinny it just tore at my heart. While I was petting the dogs, one of their volunteers was yelling at her kid, spanked her & put her in the corner. I am just shocked at how people represent themselves. So now I am left with this feeling of...just sadness...

2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you Jaime....that's too bad :( do you think they really knew what they were doing? were they in maybe over their heads? that sux :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to say Terri...I think I am just used to my previous volunteer work I did with a local rescue. They were amazing! The animals were always clean & looked wonderful. Now that I look back on it, everytime I was out in public with my foster dogs, people would tell me they were impressed with how great the dogs looked. They were always clean & looked healthy. I think everyone just took pride in the rescue work they did & realized that your foster dog was a direct reflection on you & the rescue. I am very thankful that I volunteered at such a wonderful rescue. It is easy to see they cared deeply for their animals.

    ReplyDelete