Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fleas, Heartworms, Parasites & Ticks Awareness

Click on the map to view it bigger. 




I am posting these because, if you don't already know, my passion is keeping my dog healthy & monthly prevention. This all begins with awareness. The warm weather is here...time to start flea & tick monthly prevention! For those dog parents that don't do monthly heartworm prevention all year round, it's time to start that too. As always, talk to your trusted Vet for the best ways to prevent & treat these issues. 

I always do monthly prevention on the 1st of the month, however, 4/01/11 was cold & we still had snow. Today, as I write this blog entry, I realize it is warm outside & has been above freezing for over a week. It's not the 1st of the month but I am going to give my dog his first dose of flea & tick prevention of the season. I had a foster dog that had fleas once...once was enough! That was not a fun experience. I just remember giving her a flea bath & fleas crawling up my arms! I do not want to do that again! Nor do I want to see a dog suffer through that again. 

If cost is a concern, check with your local pet stores. Many have clinics or Vets that come in to give shots, do lab tests, micro chip & sell monthly preventatives at a lower cost. Many Vets will run specials & offer rebates.  Check around for the best deal. I did & I was amazed at the price variance I received!

No comments:

Post a Comment