Sunday, August 14, 2011

Update on Tootie

Words cannot express how truly heart broken & angry I was when I stumbled across a posting on Pet Finder for Tootie, the Boxer, as a permanent resident at the animal rescue we tried to adopt her from 3 months ago. We did not adopt her mainly because her foster parents said they could not let her go & wanted to adopt her themselves. They assured me they were going to give her a forever home with them. Now, 3 months later, she is homeless. It tears me up to think that Tootie was abandoned AGAIN, especially after all my family went through after she stayed with us & we made the decision to adopt her. Followed immediately by the foster parents making the same decision!

It was a long, heart wrenching road my family traveled down before our dream of adopting another dog became reality but I do believe everything happens for a reason. Our puppy, Miles is the perfect addition to our family & we love him more than words can express.

I pray that someone will help Tootie. She is such a beautiful Boxer. She deserves more than the hand that has been dealt to her. I don't know how the people involved in her outcome can sleep at night.

I don't mean to sound selfish...at all. The part that kills me is that Tootie doesn't have a forever home. 3 months ago 2 families were trying to decide what was best for her...and now she's all alone. I just don't understand why anyone would do this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaime - that is terrible and breaks my heart also. I'm sure it won't do anything, but I would think about at least emailing SP to let them know how you feel about it.

    Miss you so much - hope we can hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em! I will NEVER work with that rescue again! I can't believe what they put us through. What a shame.

    I miss you too hun! Lets get together soon :)

    ReplyDelete