Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dog Sitting Tootie

On Friday I rushed home from work & found Tootie & my family playing. Tootie seemed so comfortable & so "at home." I was very proud of my dog, Riley. He is such a good boy. He was a true gentleman all weekend long. We played, took walks, had lots of treats, went for a car ride & to a few pet stores, played at a friend's house with their dog...it was a great weekend! I thought we were going to have issues at night with the kennel, but we didn't hear one single peep. Riley even gave up sleeping in bed to sleep in his kennel next to Tootie's kennel so she wouldn't get scared. Tootie did not have any adjustments issues at all.

If we do get the opportunity to adopt her, there are truly only a few things that need to be worked on.
1- basic training
2- fence issues...Tootie charges at the fence when people walk by (growling & jumping)
3- she needs some Vet care. I believe she has an ear infection. Her ears are caked & smelly. She may have some allergies as well. She seems very itchy & pink. She has a few bumps/lumps that are probably no big deal, but I would want my Vet to check them out.

All weekend I felt like I was subconsciously putting up a wall. I feel terrible for this but I don't want to end up devastated. We all love her & have formed bonds with her. There is only one person who knows what is best for her. It's out of our hands now. All my family really wants & hopes for is that Tootie has a forever home.








No comments:

Post a Comment