Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Apology From Tootie's Rescue

I received an email reply from the rescue that has Tootie. They apologized & hope we don't think badly of their rescue for this. They also asked if we would be interested in fostering for them or if we were interested in any of their other dogs. I'm shocked at this! I think it's best that I don't respond to those questions at this time.

My family has decided that we are going to slowly begin to look for a puppy. We would like to adopt a puppy from the South (where Riley came from). We aren't set on breed, gender or anything. We are going to start fresh with this search and take it slow. Sometime in the next year would be great.

Adopting a dog should not be this exhausting. Nor should a family have to go through everything we went through in the last 3 weeks. So, for now we will focus on Riley. I am going to get him into Good Citizen Canine Classes so he can get certified & then we can start working on training for Therapy Certification. My dream is to be able to take him to visit the elderly, sick & disabled. He is such a gentle, good dog. I believe he can enrich people's lives, as he does ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment