Monday, December 6, 2010

Unconditional

This is said at the end of the movie Bride Wars...

"Sometimes in life, there really are bonds formed that can never be broken. Sometimes you really can find that one person who will stand by you no matter what. Maybe you'll find it in a spouse & celebrate it with your dream wedding, but there's also the chance that the one person you can count on for a lifetime, the one person that knows you sometimes better than you know yourself is the same person who's been standing beside you all along."

It's cheesy & from a chic flick, but I love it! The first time I saw this movie, I felt very strongly that this was said about best girl friends. It made me think of my best friend of 17 years. That friendship has since dissolved. When I watched this movie again tonight & listened to these words again, I thought of my boyfriend of 4 years. I may have lost my best friend of over a decade, but I do have a best friend & soul mate. He has stood beside me through so much, both good & bad. And I have stood by him. He never gives up on me & I never give up on him.

I miss my old best friend & am sad for this loss, however, when I think of all I do have in my life, I am so happy & so blessed. Mostly, I am so grateful for the unconditional love that surrounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment