Monday, June 13, 2011

Miles: Day 4

Today is my last day of "puppy vacation." Although I love being home to play with the dogs all day, I am eager to get back to work. I'm so thankful I have a job that I love & look forward to being there. Glen had to go back to work (3rd shift) tonight, so today was my first day with 2 dogs alone. I was nervous, but my dogs were so good! It was an easy, relaxing day.

Miles found his bark today. He has the quietest bark & grumble. He uses it when he sees people walking outside past the house. I have been making a sharp "uh-uh" noise & it seems to be stopping him. Of course lots of praise when he ignores passers by as well. I've been working on bone, treat & toy guarding with him as well. He doesn't like this training but is doing great with it. I just can't believe how fast this puppy catches on to the rules! He is one smart boy!

Miles went back to the Vet to get his distemper booster shot. He has gained almost a whole pound since he's been here! While at the Vet, I picked up Miles' heart worm prevention pills & flea/tick prevention so we can keep him healthy!


Miles met our cat, Sarah, today. He took one look at her, then ran & jumped on the couch by me!


My Step Mom & little brothers & sisters stopped over to visit Miles this afternoon. They also brought their new puppy, Ruby. They brought Ruby home yesterday. She is a 4.5 pound, 6 week old Labradoodle. She is teeny tiny & cute as a button! I see play dates in the future.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for your family - your pets have the best home ever. So good to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete