Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Puppy = TROUBLEMAKER

I don't know what has gotten into my puppy,Riley, this weekend, but he sure has been naughty. Thursday night he had an accident in the house. Not a big deal, but it all started that night. Every time he goes outside, he doesn't want to come inside. It's great that he loves it outside, but having to take a leash outside to get him to come inside again is tiring. Last night he was scooting his butt on the carpet (GROSS). Today he chewed up my daughter's soccer shin pad. I caught him climbing on top of the organ to get his toy box down twice!

Riley is a very well behaved dog, but this weekend he has definitely been testing Mom & Dad to see what he can get away with. Dad has been working long, late shifts & Mom has been not feeling well the past few days. I am sure he probably just needs a nice long walk. Sometimes having a dog can be frustrating, but the good always out weighs the not so good.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried feeding him some canned pumpkin? It may help with the scooting. Just a few Tbs mixed in with his food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has never scooted before & only did it that 1 night. I have heard that pumpkin helps though. They scoot because of their "glands" right? He has been back to his sweet self today. I think he just gets so bored during the week now that I'm working & Glen is working long, late hours. It's a big adjustment for him - he's had me home all day every day since he's been here. I CANNOT wait for warm weather so we can hit up the dog park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe it was just the weather....Benelli was a lil shit this past weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete